How To Find Best Content Online ?
Quality is subjective, but what adds most value to your life is what matters.
Here are eight tips to find the best content on internet in the area of your interest.
- Algorithms do the job for you if you are following the right people — follow the best in class in the category of your choice. If you are into politics but you do not follow any of the late-night shows, you aren’t really getting quality content.
- Limit the time you spend on any platform — the first10 to 15 minutes is more than sufficient to know the top stories, what’s trending and the highlights of the day. Any additional time you spend is a mere waste of the attention economy — you probably won’t be able to retain any of it.
- Bookmark pages, content, stories you like, and then make time in your schedule to visit them when you open the platform again. I recently organized all my bookmarks in different so I can access them easily.
- Don’t shy from engaging with other creators and fellow community members — the algorithm would try to show you artists similar to your ones you are following.
- Dedicate time in going through their entire portfolio — if you like to call it stalking, so be it. They have spent substantial time in building their social media content; browsing through their feed would give you lots of ideas and motivation.
- Declutter your feed — unfollow people from time to time whose content doesn’t match your expectations. Unsubscribe from channels or videos. Block spam accounts. Protect your privacy — check for any bots or fake accounts.
- Re-consume the content you like. People who love reading re-read the books from their favorite authors. You’d be surprised at the new things you’d pick up while re-watching the same video. It also strengthens our understanding of certain concepts.
- Try a different platform or create a new account with different interests to find new content.