I try, I succeed sometimes, I fail sometimes, but I learn each time.
- Plan and then execute, do not ponder once planned. Execution is the key
2. Just do it — Task that takes less than 5 mins needs to be done immediately
3. Write down as you and when you get those fantastic thoughts. Note them because it’s precious and could get lost
4. Uphold your values in all circumstances especially when the going gets tough
5. Break a big problem into the immediate next step and take that one next step
6. Think of an alternative, always. Planning for a fancy dinner, what if the kitchen is closed and they don’t take any orders — think of what else can be done
7. It’s never too late. It’s true even if you feel it’s been too late in the whole process and it makes no sense now, do it because it probably makes sense to the other person and it’s okay to be late than never doing it
8. If you want ppl to know you will have to tell them, and so you’ll have to be shameless. Shamelessly tell the world what you have or haven’t done because they wouldn’t know it otherwise. And don’t worry it won’t come across as a wannabe
9. Don’t be shy in helping others
10. Just speak up. Remember when you speak up, you aren’t speaking only for yourself, you are speaking up for a community
11. Do one thing that’s different for the day.
12. Keep moving forward, make it a little better each day and there would be a day when you would be good at it.
13. You ought to know what to Google because not a lot of people know what they want to search.
14. No one can handhold you for life, you have to own your shit
15. If something isn’t right, fix it or try a workaround and understand why it didn’t work in the first place. If you shall ignore it, it will keep troubling you sooner or later, it won’t disappear with time
16. Free yourself of the toxic people in life. If you feel there are toxic people around you, find a way to get out of that situation
17. Making money is one thing, utilising it well is another and multiplying it is yet another
18. Never give up. Such a cliche but it’s so true. Persistence is the key to success. Most people quit midway, but often the treasure lies just after they have given up.
19. Adapting to change and grasping to the situation, the context and behaviours of people will help you learn quickly and give you an edge over others
20. Preempt what question you might get pitched
21. And now think a few steps ahead. Think of how your question or words will impact the entire conversation and which way will it go. By knowing the other person, it is easier to understand how they would react and so what should be your reaction to their reaction.
22. Practising something over and over helps you to know how to fail and not do it right in 100 ways but one. So practising is not about acing something, it’s about discovering all the ways of failing at something
23. Start small.
24. Keep it simple. Ask the right questions. Using too many jargons doesn’t make you any more qualified, if anything it only makes you a nerd without having the ability to explain it to others
25. Take care of yourself — be smart enough to understand when people try to manipulate you.
26. Be empathetic. Be kind — that’s one strategy that always works.
27. Don’t be too judgemental. Don’t try to put a label on everyone or box everyone in a certain way.
28. Don’t conclude. Give them some time to prove themselves. You weren’t good when you first rode the bicycle or tried your hands at swimming.
29. Don’t judge someone on their failures, judge them on the ways and times they came up from that failure
30. Maturity is being tolerant of people who are different from you
Here’s a bonus, because I am 31 and I had to be fair to myself too.
Bonus — Live in that moment, you can’t change it so accept that moment and plan for the future but don’t ruin that moment.